Unlicensed Semi-Independent Living Services (SILS)
A New Direction offers an unlicensed, self-directed Semi-Independent Living Services (SILS) program option that supports people in ways that enable them to achieve personally desired outcomes and lead self-directed lives with the freedom of choice to have people they know and trust support them in living successfully in the community.
A New Direction helps individuals hire the supports they need and self-direct their services allowing them to be empowered and independent.
- A New Direction can be set up as a vendor with the county under our host county contract.
- SILS recipient and/or representative identify SILS workers. A New Direction completes new hire paperwork, background screening, training, and processes payroll.
- An easy-to-use Job Description template will be completed to identify hours, rate of pay, and job tasks.
- County will determine if SILS workers are qualified, capable of carrying out job tasks and identify friend, neighbor, or family relationship.
- SILS Workers are paid a highly competitive rate and will complete a standard, non-narrative timesheet.
- County will authorize hours of service. Rates for unlicensed SILS are set at a rate of approximately 33% less than traditional SILS rates.
- There is not a traditional service plan with goals, although goals/outcomes can be customized into the Job Description. County will monitor outcomes at on-site meetings.
- A New Direction can also handle the fiscal management for individuals utilizing the one-time housing allowance.
SILS Participant Portal
Participants & Managing Parties
Access all required documents to start and manage your services.
SILS Employee Portal
Access all required documents to start and manage your employment, and log in to submit e-timesheets.